Monday, February 15, 2010

Fun in the Sun

Over this four day weekend my family and I had some fun in the sun. We ventured down to Marco Island, Florida where we enjoyed many exqusit days on the beach and also in various restaurants. My favorite mean was a simple lunch on the ocean at CJ's By the Bay (http://www.cjsonthebay.com/restaurants.php?rid=4). Besides the glorious view of the harbor, the food was quite good as everyone in my family greatly enjoyed their news. When ordering, I was split between the Tropical Cobb Salad and the Philly Cheesesteak. Since we were in a tropical enviroment, I went with the Cobb Salad with Parmesan Peppercorn dressing, my absolute favorite!
The salad arrivied a beautiful array of healthy greens which seemed as fresh as my aunts backyard garden. Atop the greens were five shrimp, freshly shaved parmesan cheese, mango, tomato, avacado, boiled eggs and cucumber. The combo of shrimp, mango and avacado was what really made this dish special to me. If you are ever travelling in the Naples, Florida area I highly reccommend this lunch spot!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tim, really cool blog. That tropical Cobb salad sounds amazing. I really like how you described it in so much detail. Maybe when you get home you can try making the salad for me, That would be really cool!! Sounds like you had a blast at Florida!!

    ReplyDelete